Friday 17 May 2013

Skin care: Art Deco products

Today I'd like to show you a little bit about my skin care routine. Before working in the salon I'd never really heard of Art Deco products. They are a professional product sold mostly in salons and spas, but can now be found in high end retail shops.
They have so many different skin care ranges, but the skin yoga range has to be my favourite, it's one of the cheaper ranges but still delivers great results! 
Art Deco also do a skin yoga:bio lab skin care range. It's offers at least 70% natural ingredients, without parabens(chemicals), preservatives or added fragrances, so basically they are super good for your skin and are great for sensitive skin too.
To find out more about Art Deco go to http://artdeco.org.uk/
This cleanser is one of the best I've used as its a cleanser and a toner in one, which is great when your lazy like me! 
I dont know if anyone else has found this, but I find sometimes with cleanser that they can be quite drying and makes my skin feel all tight. This one though leaves my skin feeling fresh, clean and still feeling supple. I love the fact that it contains goji berry extract too, as most people know goji berries have been on the beauty scene for a while. Known for their anti ageing properties and full of vitamin c,a,b1,b2 iron copper magnesium sodium calcium and various amino acids, this makes the goji berry the nutrient richest fruit on the planet! 
So to sum up the whole goji berry in the cleanser thing, its really good for nourishing the skin and protects against free radicals as well.
There isn't really any fragrance to it to be honest, it just smells...clean, with a slight floral scent to it, which is the only way to describe it really. It's an easy cleansing milk which you just apply to dry skin with fingers or cotton pads, and remove using warm water and voila you have clean fresh, soft skin! 


I love a good toner especially this handy spray as I can use it to spritz over make up when my skin needs a pick me up and refreshing. Definitely a holiday must.  It's best to use it after cleansing to minimise pores, which I really struggle with, open pores are the Bain of my life, and with this toner I feel like they do look less, hello there giant pores, and more soft even skin!
It isn't part of the bio lab range, but equally packed with natural ingredients like green tea pomegranate and lotus extract to protect and regenerate the skin.
I love the smell of this, it's fresh and zesty and even the smell picks me up.







Lastly the all day protection cream moisturiser. Part of the bio lab range again, its great for dry sensitive skin looking for some intense moisture but without the greasy feel some can leave. This is the kind of product that does what it says on the tin, packed with ingredients like canola oil, it protects against harmful things that can be floating around in the enviroment. It's made up of things that mimic the structure of your skin and forms a protective layer that acts as a barrier to help fight of those things that make our skin age, look tired and grey and helps it look fresh and perky and also has the added benefit of helping improve the skins elasticity, which even at 21 you should still look for things that help out that area, prevention is better than cure!
It's smells lovely aswell, just a hint of almonds to finish it off!










No comments: