Friday 17 May 2013

Beauty on a budget doesn't have to be rubbish!

This is my favourite ever part of my make up bag! Now,  I suffer with constant dark circles under my eyes, regardless of how much sleep I get, that would be thanks to my Indian heritage! 
I have tried everything under the sun to cover them as I am very conscious of them. I used to go through Yves St Laurent touché éclat like nobodies business! Not being the cheapest product on the market, my obsession was getting a little bit to expensive and I never felt it really was all that great, thought I'd look for a cheaper alternative. I'm saving for a house, holidays, car insurance and the list goes on so I'm always looking for a cheaper alternative for everything. 
I've tried many concealers, highlighting products etc and have always come back to one product. Aldi's Lacura concealer pen! At a teeny tiny price of £3.59 I find myself buying it in bulk as I'm so worried they'll discontinue it, I don't know why they would because its just so ace!
It works in the same way as touché éclat using light reflecting micro pigments to banish those shadows, fine lines and wrinkles, but it gives better coverage than the touché éclat so I can use it to cover any other blemishes that may be lurking around my face. I've even used it to conceal bruises on my legs. It also has what they call 'natural moisturising factors' which help keep the delicate skin around your eyes soft and supple and doesn't dry the skin out, which I used to hate about other brands!  Your supposed to dot it around the eye area, but I must admit i just kind of draw it on in strokes and dab to blend. I never have a problem with those tell tell white panda eyes, definitely the best concealer I've ever used, and I may cry a little if they ever discontinue it! I will still be testing many concealers out in the future though as technology these days is always making bigger and better things! 
Shade: amber(yes I sat on the box!)


No comments: