Friday 30 August 2013

time to treat the hair!

hey all! so i was reading one of my favourite blogs, kayleigh's, back in may, and she did a great post on a few macadamia products. she also did another post in march about a few more. After reading them I kept meaning to get some, but never got round to it....and also couldn't justify the amount they cost! Luckily i managed to pick this up at the trade warehouse, so it was slightly more affordable for me! 





So first of all i noticed it because the wall was full of this great print! Its so eye catching but in a natural organicy way, with the browns and the greens. There was so many products to choose from. From healing oil, to hair brushes to leave in conditioners, to styling products! I was kind of lost. I decided to go for the deep repair mask as ive been looking aroud at hair masks for a while. As i dye my hair way to often, various different colours it tends to get a bit dry and frizzy on the ends...and i also avoid getting it cut at all costs which is kind of hard having a hair dresser working with us, cue the lecture! 

Macadamia uses a combination of macadamia seed oil and argania kernel oil blended to make this deep repair mask. Both these oils are known for their healing properties, and are very popular due to the work they do for dry damaged hair, smoothing the hairs cuticle and nourishing your hair for manageable, stronger hair. It also helps to stop dry hair  and split ends by moisturising intensely. 
  
I just wanted to get a the smaller 100ml tube to try out as the 250ml tube is knocking on £26/£27. 
Its got a handy clip lid and you just squeeze it out, so i dont have to do any scooping, which gets all under my nails when there long and it wastes some then, and no one likes waste. 
So after shampooing and conditioning, I slathered it on avoiding my roots, as they tend to get greasy easily. It smells gorgeous! Kind of fruity maybe? I cant work out the smell really but it just smells fresh and clean! I left it on for around 10 minutes which is a bit longer than they recommend, they say 7. I rinsed it out and it instantly felt better than just conditioner. I cant really explain how, it just felt smoother and was way easier to brush through too. 
When my hair was dry it looked smooth and shiny, genrally healthy really. There was no frizz in comparison to blow drying it which out the mask, although i dont tend to suffer with that much frizz any way. Im hoping after a few days it will still feel this good and look this good! Its recommended to not use more than twice a week, so I will start off with just once a week. I have also been using argan oil for a while so i will stop using that for a while to see true results from this hair mask and will update on further results when I do a post on the argan oil. 

Can anyone recommend any other hair masks they've used? 

Natalie 
Xxx




No comments: